Today was a fun day, I got out of the house (away from kids) for a baby shower at the company I formerly worked. Having worked there 12 years before leaving to stay at home, they knew I made cakes and asked if I’d make the cupcakes for the party; I of course wanted to They wanted a custom pick to include the baby’s nickname, Sprout, so I came up with these. I figured I’d share with you all as they are easy to make if you have a computer and printer at home (well really you don’t even need that, as long as you have labels and a writing utensil).
So for your next party, don’t go out and buy picks, just search online for images to use, or make your own, set-up your label template in word, design your pick, load your labels in the printer, print, stick together and cut out.
- Blank Labels or Stickers (I used address labels – Avery 8160)
- Computer/Printer or Writing Utensil
- Open word and load label template (see how to use templates for help)
- Add image and or text to each label box
- Print your labels
- Eack pick will get two labels. Peel one sticker, place the toothpick down, line up the other sticker and run your finger down to stick them together
- Trim the flag shape if desired (Picks can be whatever shape you want, just get round labels if you want circle picks)
- Stick the pick in the cupcake! Be sure to remove it before eating ;-).